The Field Services Engineer serves as the on-site field representative for the design team. Typical responsibilities include on-site observation and inspection of as-built conditions for conformance with approved design documents and specifications, generating field notes and reports and coordinating Requests for Information (RFI) with office design teams. The Field Services Engineer elicits guidance and coordinates with office staff for non-conforming construction, and acts as the liaison between office design staff and trade partners in the field.
The Field Services Engineer manages multiple project schedules to ensure timely observations and inspections within the client’s construction schedule. Additional responsibilities include; writing field notes, follow-up reports, standards coordination and project documentation and tracking. Typical project types include: Single and Multi-family housing, Town Homes, Apartments and Podium style buildings.
Desired Qualifications & Characteristics
- Engineering or construction related degree or direct construction related field experience
- Strong understanding of construction practices associated with conventional and post-tension concrete foundations and wood framed construction
- Fluently read and understand plans and specifications
- Physical ability to work on active job sites, navigating uneven terrain, climb stairs and work outdoors in all seasons
- Must be reliable, detail oriented and eager to learn
- Ability to conduct all required activities in an organized and efficient manner.
- Ability to perform independently and use appropriate judgement with little direct oversight
- Provide exceptional service and act as the company’s representative to clients and trade partners
- Ability to manage a changing and demanding work schedule
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Adobe, auto-cad and excel a plus