Orange County Office
Our Southern California operation is based in Aliso Viejo and focuses on projects throughout the greater Los Angeles area and into San Diego. In addition to housing our growing Southern California design team, H&S OC is home to our Forensic Engineering division. Located in the heart of Orange County, our office is close to the great outdoors. Beaches, regional parks and other outdoor activities (concerts, art, etc.) are a short drive away.
Our Forensic Engineering division is currently seeking a Forensic Structural Engineer for our OC office. At Harris & Sloan, our Forensic Engineer creates solutions for the Construction, Insurance and Legal industries. Typical responsibilities include assisting with investigations and determining cause and origin of damages, construction defects, structural failures, water intrusion and building envelope deficiencies. Performing investigations to assess damages caused by water intrusion, fires, floods, soil movement and other events. Preparing detailed written reports with photo documentation. Analyzing/researching applicable building codes and building standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Structural or Architectural Engineering.
- Be licensed engineer in the State of California.
- 4 years of engineering experience (2 years forensic experience).
- Experience in commercial, industrial, single and multi-family, a candidate well versed in wood construction and with a construction background is a plus.
- Ability to communicate orally and written with other staff members and clients. Experience writing technical reports (samples will be requested).
Other job requirements will entail:
- Position requires extensive/detailed reporting and communication skills. Approximately 60% of time is spent writing detailed reports.
- Travel – locations and frequency will depend upon client’s needs.
- The ability to work in varying weather conditions.
- The ability to lift heavy items – ladders, equipment, etc.
- The ability to walk/stand long periods of time.
- The ability to access building elements such as attics, roofs, crawlspaces, and confined spaces.
This is an exempt position and pays a competitive salary based on experience. Comprehensive benefit package includes: Paid Time Off, Health, Dental, Vision, FSA Accounts, Life and Disability, 401(k) plan with company match and travel expense reimbursement.