We have an opportunity for an impressive, team-focused structural project manager to join a fast-growing multi-disciplinary firm. The role involves managing a variety of structural multi-family residential projects from concept through construction while maintaining profitability and promoting the growth of team members.
A successful candidate will develop and lead a project team that will consistently provide high-quality plans and wide-ranging client support to meet the unique needs of each project. To achieve that result the candidate will need to be driven to excel at everything they do, and equally passionate about helping others succeed. They will be resourceful & adaptable, holding themselves and their team to high standards while prioritizing the mentorship necessary to meet those high standards. Finally, they will communicate proactively and effectively with clients, business partners, & construction trades to ensure that they understand the goals of each stakeholder and to effectively support those goals throughout the course of each project.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include: team mentorship & training, structural design work, the review of work prepared by the applicant’s team, communication with clients, coordination with trade partners, proposal writing, contract / invoice / accounts receivable oversight (in partnership with our in-house accounting team), and ensuring timely construction support is provided to the field for the team’s projects. At the end of the first year success will look like a 3- to 5-person project team, led by the candidate with minimal Principal oversight, producing H&S-quality plans and providing H&S-quality service at a profit.
Desired Qualifications & Characteristics
- A strong technical background, including 5+ years of experience designing and/or managing residential structures
- Region: California or other high-seismic area (OR, WA, NV)
- Project type: emphasis on 3- to 8-story multi-family & podiums
- Proficient with industry standard structural software (Excel, RISA, RAM, etc.)
- Revit experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop & maintain relationships with clients & trade partners
- Ability & desire to develop and lead a 3- to 6-person design team
- The project team will be responsible for soliciting projects, providing complete structural construction documents, & providing construction support through the construction of each project
- Understanding of project-level financials & ability to successfully manage team finances
- Licensed PE or SE preferred but not required